Sunday, April 25, 2010

In My Mailbox (1)

(More like "What's On My Bookshelf") The Story Siren's In My Mailbox is a post where one shares what they got that week. For me, it's more like What's On My Bookshelf as everything to read congregates there

From the library:
  • Bride of the Water God by Mi-Kyung Yun, vol. 1& vol.2. - Plot: Soah is sacrificed to the Water God by her desperate family and villagers. As they send her away, they hope her being offered as a bride will please the God and give them rain. My thoughts: Water God = *DROOL* I cannot wait for the next two!
  • Fables by Bill Willingham (writer), Mark Buckingham, et al. Vol. 10-12 - Plot: Fairy tales turned upside down. In these volumes, the characters are teaming up to fight against the enemy who has taken over the homelands. My thoughts: These will probably not be reviewed, but it's high time I finish this series.
  • Scott Pilgrim vol. 4: Gets It Together and vol 5: Versus the Universe by Bryan Lee O'Malley- Plot: Will Scott finally grow up? What about his relationship with Ramona? My thoughts: I've looked ahead and I'm confused...and excited...
  • Foiled by Jane Yolen, art by Mike Cavallaro - Plot: Aliera is not normal and she knows it. When her mom gives her a foil with a jewel on it, strange things start to happen. My Thoughts: I'm intrigued.
  • Ooku The Inner Chambers Vol. 1 by Fumi Yoshinaga - Plot: A strange disease has killed the majority of the men in this historical "what if" story forcing the women to enter roles traditionally for men. My Thoughts: Came at the recommendation of a classmate
  • Nothing by Janne Teller - Plot: Pierre Anthon climbs a tree and won't come down until someone can prove that life has meaning. My Thoughts: First it is a translated novel. Two, it is small. Three, it reminds me of a Ben Folds song and I'm curious to see if this book will end well or not.
  • Green Witch by Alice Hoffman - Plot: Green's life changed in an instant and now she is living with the pieces. Sequel Green Angel. My Thoughts: Green Angel was fantastic. I honestly want to see where this sequel can go.
 Gift
  •  Grown-ups Are Dumb (No Offense) by Alex Kitchn (The World's Youngest Professional Cartoonist) Plot: A collection of comics about family stuff. My thoughts: Cute.

No comments: